Saturday, July 29, 2023

Office Makeover

 

Creating a Work Oasis


[ Creating a work space with the old and the new ]

Norah and I spent the past couple of days sorting out my work space at my school - a quiet, tiny corner of the building that also houses curriculum, art supplies, the infirmary bed, and a rogue safe to which no one has a key. My introvert brain needs a place to go to when I am working where I can think and recharge from time to time. I knew that with a little creativity I could make this space work. It needed a little spin from the Martha Stewart of Burgaw.


[ First impressions got me problem solving ]

Norah and I spent the first day pulling everything off the shelves and out of the office so that we could see what we had to work with. We sorted, organized, and recycled our way into a new world order up in here. 


[ Sorting, organizing, and recycling ]


[ The Rogue Safe; now a base for my computer monitor ]

Next, we took a short road trip to the local DIY store (DCM) to pick up some supplies: a desk, some chairs, and a few other items to start to make this work space welcoming. We also stopped at the dollar store (Daiso) to pick up some baskets and organizers. Clearing the space helped to see what kind of art supplies were on hand so that I would know what I need to order before students arrive. It was an all around win-win. Once everything was back on the shelves I felt like I was in a dream land of paint brushes, drawing pencils, and collage-making supplies. Oh yeah, and nice space for sitting and thinking too. 


[ Just look at this organization! I can't handle it. ]

There are a few more items that I am hunting down to put in the space, and I will need a book shelf inside the door for all of my books when they arrive, but for now I have a space in this sweet little school where I can work peacefully, talk with staff, and marvel over my art supplies on the daily. 


[ Office Diminutive ]


[ I've got mail ]

On another note, I have received my first piece of mail. I think that it is an electric bill. I have no idea how to pay it.











No comments:

Post a Comment