Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Living half a world apart

 

Saying Goodbye to Wiley and Tom


[ A quiet day before departure ]

Well, Norah and I took Tom and Wiley to the airport in Chitose yesterday for the flight back to the U.S. It was hard to say goodbye, I definitely loved every minute of our time together here. We can look forward to their return in December, when they will bring Casper with them - another adventure all in itself. 

We hugged, we kissed, we said our goodbyes for now and Norah and I got back in the van for the drive back through the mountains to Niseko. I cannot quite understand yet what this adventure will be, but I am so grateful that I have a family that supports me, who are excited, and who are willing to go on this adventure with me. My ability to work, be brave, and pursue my curiosity is grounded by having my family in my life. 


[ I will miss him ]




No comments:

Post a Comment