Thursday, January 4, 2024

January 2 2024

 

Sapporo by Train

JR train approaching the Niseko station

A few days before Christmas, Wiley and I took the train to Sapporo to complete his work permit paperwork. I was so grateful to spend the day with him. We walked along Odori Park, visited the immigration building to complete his work papers, and ate lunch at a fabulous ramen noodle shop. 


Ramen shop, Sapporo

The shop reminded me of the book, The Little House, written by Virginia Lee Burton. The shop was tiny, weathered, and sandwiched between modern high-rises and city parking lots. The shop opened at 11:30 in the morning and we were the first customers in the door. 


Cozy inside!


By 11:45 the shop was full of business men in suits - all three tables and the counter were full. There was a cacophony of noodle slurping the entire time we were there. I live for these moments! One bowl of miso ramen and three gyozas later I was stuffed to the gills.


miso ramen

Before getting on the train to return to Niseko, Wiley and I stopped for a coffee in the train station. It was a small moment of peace and gratefulness to sit with my son and just be. 


💗







 

No comments:

Post a Comment